The City of Olive Branch and the DeSoto County Board of Supervisors are working together to address garbage changes that affect the newly annexed areas in the City of Olive Branch. If you live in an area that was annexed in 2021, your garbage and recycling will change effective October 1, 2023 from Waste Pro to Waste Connections. All billing for garbage and recycling will come from the City Utilities Department. If you already receive services from the City (i.e. water, sewer, and/or gas), you do not have to fill out a new application. Your services will be consolidated on your billing. If you are a new customer or need to make changes to your service, please call the Utilities Department at 662-892-9305. As we approach this date, more communication will follow. Please read over these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to learn more:
- How do I know if I reside in an recently annexed area? In 2021, the City of Olive Branch annexed 18.5 square miles of unincorporated DeSoto County. To find out if you reside in this area, please visit the annexation map at https://tinyurl.com/5aawxe97.
- How do I set up my utilities billing or make changes to my current service?
To prepare for this change, you must complete your utilities application for your garbage and recycling service by calling the Utilities Department at 662-892-9305.
- Is there a utilities application? Yes. You can fill out your application in advance by visit https://www.obms.us/225/Utility-Billing.
- How will I be billed? You will receive one bill for all services received from the City of Olive Branch. For example, if you already receive a bill for gas, your existing gas bill will be combined with your garbage & recycling service.
- How much is it to opt-in for recycling? $5 billed monthly.
- How much are additional carts? $10 for garbage carts. $5 for recycling.
- What do I do with my old cart? Carts will be collected starting in Mid- September prior to October 1st. Additional instructions are to come.
- When will I get my new cart? Carts will be distributed starting the end of September prior to October 1st.