To ensure that all purchases made are within the projected budget and in compliance with state purchasing laws.
The City Administrator is the Purchasing Agent for the City of Olive Branch and diligently ensures that the city is following State guidelines for purchases and that purchases are within budgetary projections. Requests for Proposals, bid documents and specifications for construction and large purchases are distributed through this office.
The City requires that Purchase Requisitions be prepared for all purchases. They are to be completed and signed by department directors or managers and then approved by the Purchasing Agent.
- No bids or quotes are required for purchases $0 – $5,000.
- Purchases over $5,000 but not more than $25,000 require 2 competitive quotes.
- Purchases over $25,000 must be bid.
- Bid items or projects are advertised in the classified section of the local newspaper for two consecutive weeks.
- Bid documents and specifications can be picked up at from the office of the City Administrator at City Hall or may be obtained by contacting 662-892-9217.
- The bid document states where the bid should be turned in, the bid opening time, place, date, and any information that is required for the bid to be considered acceptable.
- Bids are due in the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall no later than 2:00 p.m. on the day of the bid opening.
- Bids are opened at 2:00 p.m. in the Mayor’s Conference Room at City Hall on Monday the week before a scheduled Board Meeting.
- Bids are opened and read, and a tabulation of the bids is prepared.
- Bid tabulations and supporting documents are sent to the department for consideration of lowest and best bid.
- Written recommendation is sent to the City Clerk for placement on the Board Agenda.
- Once the Board approves, a purchase requisition is prepared and forwarded to the Purchasing Office.