Police Department FAQs
Who issues firearms permits in Mississippi?
- Answer: State firearm permits are issued through the Mississippi Department of Public Safety and are processed locally at the district Mississippi Highway Patrol Sub-Stations. The two nearest MHP Sub-Stations for the Olive Branch area are located at Batesville and New Albany. The Batesville location processes firearm permits on Mondays and Tuesdays (8:00 AM – 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM) – phone number 662-563-6400. The New Albany location processes firearm permits on Tuesdays through Thursdays (8:30 AM – 11:30 AM and 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM) – phone number 662-534-8619. The State Firearms Permit website is: http://www.dps.state.ms.us/
With what other states does Mississippi have firearm permits reciprocity? (Whose permits do we honor, who honors ours?
- Answer: Mississippi has reciprocal firearm permit agreements with: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia & Wyoming.
Where do I go to obtain/renew my Mississippi Driver’s License?
- Answer: The local Mississippi Department of Public Safety Driver’s License office is located at 6569 Hwy. 305 next door to the B. J. Chain Public Library in Olive Branch. Their phone number is 662-890-7211.
Where do I go to obtain/renew my Mississippi Vehicle Tags?
- Answer: Mississippi vehicle tags can be purchased from the DeSoto County Tax Collector’s office, located at 6597 B. J. Chain Drive in Olive Branch, next to the Olive Branch City Park. Their phone number is 662-469-8032.
Where do I go to have my fingerprints processed for new employment?
- Answer: Fingerprints can be done at the Olive Branch Police Department, located at 10470 Hwy 178, Monday or Wednesday (8:00 AM – 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM). Persons requiring fingerprints for job opportunities will need to obtain a fingerprint card(s) from their prospective employer and bring them by the Police Department on the days listed above. Cost is $10.00 per card to process, $3.00 for each additional card. Cash or Check only.
What is the phone number for Poison Control?
- Answer: 901-528-6048 (Memphis area number) or the 800-222-1222 (nationwide number).
What are the locations and phone numbers of local minor medical centers?
- Answer: There are two minor medical centers located in Olive Branch. (1) Baptist Minor Medical located at 8990 Germantown Road – phone 662-893-1160 (open 7 days a week, 8 AM to 8 PM, except Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas) and (2) Methodist/Le Bonheur Minor Medical located at 5480 Goodman Road – phone 662-893-9800 (open 7 days a week, 8 AM to 8 PM).
What is the location and phone number of the Animal Shelter/Control Office?
- Answer: The City of Olive Branch Animal Shelter/Control office is located at 7100 Stateline Road east of Hwy. 178. The shelter is open Monday – Fridays from 8 AM to 4 PM. The phone number is 662-895-4582.
Current Fee Schedule (Effective 6/16/2010)
Accident Reports (Report Beam) – $15.00
Accident Reports (Picked up) – $10.00
Incident Reports – $10.00
Compact Discs (photos/videos) – $25.00
Fingerprinting – $10.00 (first card) / $3.00 (each additional card)