Does the City of Olive Branch have drop-off locations for recycling efforts.
- Desoto County provides a list and a map of drop-off locations throughout Desoto County. Click on the link to be redirected to the Desoto County website for the Recycling locations. — DeSoto County website
I have drainage/flooding problems in my yard.
- Call the Engineering Dept. at 892-9352. If this problem is occurring as a result of an ongoing construction project, call Engineering to request that an inspector take a look at it. Call Public Works at 893-5249 Ext *202 if this problem is not a result of an ongoing construction project; call Public Works to request that someone take a look at it.
I have a sinkhole in my yard.
- Call Public Works, 893-5249 Ext *202, or Engineering, 892-9352. We will take your name, address and phone number and send someone to inspect it.
I need my yard repaired from a city project that was done.
- Call Engineering at 892-9352. We will take your name, address, and phone number and will coordinate with the contractor to get you on the repairs list.
We have potholes in our street.
- Call Public Works, 893-5249 Ext *202, or Engineering Dept., 892-9352. Provide us with the street name and the area the pothole is located and we will either get it on our pothole repair list, or contact the developer to repair it if the subdivision is still under development.
I want a street sign on my street.
- Call Public Works, 893-5249 Ext *202 , or Engineering Dept., 892-9352. We will take your name, phone number and address, and area of concern. If the subdivision is still under development we will send the request to the developer if it is for stop signs or speed limit signs, all other sign request will be handled as if not under development. If the subdivision is not under development, we will present the request to our City Engineer, Andy D. Swims, for his approval of the street signs.
I want the speed limit reduced on my street.
- Call the Engineering Dept. at 892-9352. We will take your information: name, address, phone number, the nature of your request—such as too much speeding—etc. We will present your request to the City Engineer for his approval.
I want to tie-in to the City Sewer System.
- Call the Engineering Dept. at 892-9352. We will first check to see if your area has a sewer service line. If so, we will forward you to the utility dept. to discuss putting in an application to begin sewer service and paying the connection fee. You will be required to hire your own plumbing contractor to connect a line from your home to our sewer line.
I have sewage coming out of the manhole, or I can smell sewage.
- Call Public Works, 893-5249 Ext *202 , or Engineering Dept., 892-9352. We will take your name, address and phone number and send someone to inspect it.
I want speed bumps installed on my street.
- Call the Engineering Clerk at 892-9352 to request. We will then place traffic monitors for a 24 hour period. If the results show that 85% of the traffic’s speed exceeds the posted limit by 5 or more mph (must be 25 mph speed limit), must have more than 400 vehicles per day, and have (3) or more speed related accidents within the past 3 years. We will allow the requester to obtain signatures on a petition and provide the requester with this and other necessary documents, forms, etc. 75% of the homeowner’s signatures will need to be obtained to receive installation approval.
I want speed bumps removed from my street.
- Call the Engineering Clerk at 892-9352 to request. We will send you a petition to obtain 75% of the homeowner’s signatures to receive approval to have the speed bumps removed.
- City of Olive Branch, MS
9200 Pigeon Roost
Olive Branch, MS 38654
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.