- Keep all windows and doors locked.
- Store outdoor equipment in a locked shed or garage.
- Do not leave notes on your door when you are away.
- Do not leave keys in mailboxes or under door mats.
- Never let a stranger in your home to use the telephone.
- Never say are away from home on your answering machine.
- Do not go into your home if you suspect it has broken into.
- Do not discuss your finances with stranger.
- Have two employees Open and Lock up at night.
- When making bank deposits, always vary times.
- Never allow any one person to take out the trash. This should be done in pairs.
- Install panic buttons at the front counter.
- Keep parking area well lit.
- Struggle with resisting child.
While You Are Out
- Do not take shortcuts, walk in or near alleys, or along deserted streets.
- Use caution in parking lots, do not walk in poorly lit areas or doorways.
- Do not accept rides from strangers.
- Do not respond to comments from strangers on the street.
- Do not hitchhike.
- If you suspect you are being followed, go to an open business immediately.
- When meeting a new friend, exchange phone numbers only, not addresses.
- Do not go to a nightclub alone.
- Be aware of your surroundings, especially between dusk and dawn. If you notice anything suspicious, consider coming back later, or go to another ATM.
- If you are using the ATM at night, have someone else with you.
- Park in well lit areas.
- If you withdraw cash, put it away immediately. Count it later.
- Do not share your PIN number with anyone.
- Make sure no one is watching you enter the PIN into the machine.
- Do not visit your ATM at regular times or the same day of week.
In Your Automobile
- Never pick up hitchhikers.
- Do not park in dark area and have keys in hand when walking to your car.
- Never leave your keys in the car.
- Never allow a vehicle to follow you home, drive to police station or open business.
- Always check back seat of your car before getting in.
- If you stop to aid others, do not get out of car, determine problem and call police.
If You Are Attacked
- Use common sense. Try to talk your way out of it.
- Stall for time. Be verbal.
- Run toward an open business or group of people. Hide if you have the opportunity.
- Scream loudly and keep it up to attract attention and help from people nearby.
- NOTIFY POLICE IMMEDIATELY.
When Carrying a Purse
- DO NOT carry unnecessary valuables in your purse.
- DO NOT let your purse hang loosely in your hand.
- DO NOT carry a lethal weapon. It could be used against you.
- DO NOT fight for purse. Surrender it.
- City of Olive Branch, MS
9200 Pigeon Roost
Olive Branch, MS 38654
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.