Update from Mayor Phillips (April 2, 2020)
April 1, 2020, at 3:30 p.m., Governor Tate Reeves issued a “Shelter in Place” order for the entire State of Mississippi, beginning Friday, April 3, at 5:00 p.m., until Monday, April 20, at 8:00 a.m. I have included links to the Governor’s Executive Order No. 1466, as well as his previous Executive Order No. 1463 for supplemental reference. Also linked are Frequently Asked Questions, from the Governor’s Office, that we hope will clear up any questions you may have.
- Executive Order No. 1463: https://www.obms.us/eo-1463-032420/
- Executive Order No. 1466: https://www.obms.us/eo-1466-040120/
- Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.obms.us/file_4022-faq/
- Restaurants and Bars: No take out service. Drive-thru, curbside, or delivery only
- Religious Gatherings: subject to CDC guidelines, which may be revised based on the level of community transmission of the virus.
- Non-essential Businesses: Must cease operation with the exception of what the Order defines as “minimum operations.”
- Funerals; Non-essential Social Gatherings: these are prohibited if they include a gathering of more than 10 persons.
- Parks: Closed
- Gyms, fitness clubs, salons, barbershops, etc.: Closed
- Places of amusement and recreation, movie theaters, party facilities, etc.: Closed to the public
- Non-essential retail: Closed with the exception of “minimum operations” as defined in the Order.