Court Department FAQs
When is my court date?
- Answer: If you received a ticket, your court date/time can be found at the bottom of your ticket. Court on Tuesday starts at (9:00 a.m.) Court on Thursday starts at (9:00 a.m.)If you were arrested, you are given your court date and times when you are released, but, you still need to call (662) 892-9500 to confirm your court date and time.
Can I change my court date?
- Answer: No. We do not change or reschedule court dates.If you are unable to appear, most likely there will be a warrant issued for your arrest.If your court date is for a traffic citation, you have 10 days from your court date to pay your ticket, or your license will be suspended.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- Answer: We accept cash, checks (can not accept out of state checks), money orders and credit cards over the phone with a processing fee. We have online payments that you can make with a credit card, there is a fee for this service you can go here to pay your traffic tickets without coming to court.
How can I found out why my driver’s licenses are suspended?
- Answer: If you have been arrested for driving while license suspended you can call The Mississippi Department of Driver’s Improvement @ 601-987-1224 they will tell you why and who has your license suspended and what you have to do to get them correct.
What if I receive a ticket for No Proof of Insurance?
- Answer: The State of Mississippi requires you to have Proof of Insurance in your car at all time. If you get stopped and you have insurance but you just do not have it with you, you can bring in your proof of insurance showing you did have insurance before you were stopped, we will call your insurance company to verify your insurance and a copy will be made for your file and the ticket is dismissed. If your insurance card is on your phone or electrical device you will need to bring in a copy of your insurance card. The State of Mississippi passed a new law in April 2018 charging a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd offense for not having insurance. If you did not have insurance at the time you were stopped the 1st. offense will be $478.00, 2nd offense $578.00, 3rd offense $678.00 this is a State mandated fine. If you do not purchase insurance your Driver’s License will be SUSPENDED for 1 year or until you provide proof of insurance to the Department of Public Safety in Jackson, Ms..