City Clerk FAQs

How much does it cost for a business license?

  • Answer: Call the Business License clerk at 662-892-9238 for the correct fee amount.

When do you renew your business license?

  • Answer: Business Licenses expire every September 30 and must be renewed by September 30 to avoid penalty.

Who do you call for a Mississippi Sales Tax number?

  • Answer: The Mississippi Department of Revenue at 662-562-4489.

What should I do prior to obtaining a business license for a home-based business?

  • Answer: Apply for Mississippi State Sales Tax number if applicable.Come to City Hall to check for zoning, apply for business license and submit payment.

What should I do prior to obtaining a business license for a business located in a commercial building?

  • Answer: Make sure commercial building is zoned correctly (662-892-9334). Apply for State Sales Tax number, Federal Tax number, and Beer/Liquor Permits if applicable (662-562-4489). Get Health Dept. inspection if food-related (662-429-2034).Get building inspection (662-892-9333).

    Get fire inspection (662-890-7376).

    Come to City Hall and apply for business license (last step prior to opening doors for business).

How do I learn about Blocker Cemetery and get information on purchasing gravesites?

  • Answer: Contact the office of the City Clerk at 662-892-9200.

Who do I call for my Court Schedule and where can I pay my fine?

  • Answer: Contact the City Court Clerk, 662-892-9500, and speak with any of the clerks.

Where can I register my vehicle and get car tags?

  • Answer: The DeSoto County Tax Collector has three offices. You can also renew your current car tags online. Visit the Tax Collector’s webpage for more information.

Where do I get a marriage license?

  • Answer: Marriage License applications are available in the Circuit Court Clerk’s office.

Where can I get a map of my property?

  • Answer: Contact or visit the Tax Assessor.

Where can I pay or get information about my current property tax bill?

  • Answer: The Tax Collector accepts current (not delinquent) property taxes.

Where can I pay delinquent property taxes?

  • Answer: The Chancery Court Clerk accepts delinquent property taxes.

Are there any lands in DeSoto County that are open to public hunting?

  • Answer: Yes, for more information contact the Mississippi Department of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks Batesville office: (662) 563-6330.

When does the Board of Supervisors regularly meet?

  • Answer: The Board of Supervisors meets regularly on the first Monday of every month. Additional meeting are scheduled as necessary. Contact the County Administrator’s office for the Board of Supervisor’s calendar.

How do I contact my DeSoto county supervisor?

  • Answer: Call the Board of Supervisor’s office: (662) 429-5590.

Where do I renew my driver’s license?

  • Answer: The Highway Patrol has two driver’s license locations in DeSoto County. Visit the Driver’s License page for more information.

Where do I file homestead exemption?

  • Answer: The Tax Assessor’s office accepts applications for homestead exemption from January 2 through April 1 every year.

I would like to request records or documents from the City of Olive Branch. Who should I contact to obtain public records?

  • Answer: Public records are available from the City of Olive Branch in accordance with the provisions of State law and local policy, as such may be amended from time to time. The current City Public Records policy and associated request form are available in the “Clerk’s downloads” section. Please feel free to contact the City Clerk’s office with any questions.

Latest News

Medical Cannabis Documents

DeSoto Road Construction June 17 – June 19, 2022

Hacks Cross Road Lane Closure

Citywide Community Shred Day

City of Olive Branch Natural Gas Odor

Contact Us

  • 662-892-9200
  • City of Olive Branch, MS
    9200 Pigeon Roost
    Olive Branch, MS 38654
    Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.