With the number of people and different activities at the Senior Center there are always questions; these seem to be
the ones that are most common. We have monthly calendars with the activities listed and we post information
about special events on bulletin boards around the center. There is also a large community board that individuals
and businesses can use to post items too.
Is there a membership fee for the Senior Center?
- Answer: No
What is the age requirement?
- Answer: 50 years old and older.
Is there a residence requirement?
- Answer: At this time, there is no restriction.
Are the activities free?
- Answer: The Senior Center does not charge for any activities.
When is the exercise equipment available?
- Answer: The exercise equipment is available at any time when the Senior Center is open except during Yoga class times and Chair Aerobics.
What are your hours? And, are you closed when the schools are closed for inclement weather?
- Answer: The Senior Center is open Monday – Friday from 8:00A.M. to 4:00P.M. We do not follow the schools inclement weather policy, typically we are open. The Senior Center does observe the municipal holidays; every effort is made to post those holidays in advance. If in doubt, please call the center at (662)890-7182.
Does the Senior Center serve meals?
- Answer: No.
Is there transportation available?
- Answer: The Senior Center does not provide transportation.
Frequently Used Numbers
OB City Hall
Desoto County Transportation
Court House in Hernando
Norma Shaw, Seniors Coordinator
Janet Willis, Clerk
Shelly Columbia, Receptionist
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday
Golden Branches meet at 11:00 a.m. on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Thursday of the month. For more information about the Golden Branches, email Lori Downs.
For more information about the Olive Branch Senior Center, call 662.890.7182 or email Norma Shaw.
Address: 8800 College Street, Olive Branch, MS 38654