How much does it cost for a business license?
- Answer: Call the Business License clerk at 662-892-9238 for the correct fee amount.
When do you renew your business license?
- Answer: Business Licenses expire every September 30 and must be renewed by September 30 to avoid penalty.
Who do you call for a Mississippi Sales Tax number?
- Answer: The Mississippi Department of Revenue at 662-449-5150 or their website at www.dor.ms.gov.
What should you do prior to obtaining a business license for a home-based business?
- Answer: Make sure residence is zoned correctly for home business. (662-892-9334)
- Complete and sign a Home Occupation Affidavit after zoning is approved.
- Apply for a Mississippi State Sales Tax number if applicable.
- Come to City Hall to apply for business license and submit payment.
What should you do prior to obtaining a business license for a business located in a commercial building?
- Answer: Make sure commercial building is zoned correctly (662-892-9334).
Apply for State Sales Tax number, Federal Tax number, and Beer/Liquor Permits if applicable (662-449-5150).
Get Health Dept. inspection if food-related (www.healthyms.com).
Get building inspection (662-892-9333).
Get fire inspection (662-890-7376).
Come to City Hall and apply for business license (last step prior to opening doors for business).