(see Emergency Communications Department for further information)
- Non-Emergency : 895-4111
- Administration: 892-9400
- Criminal Investigation Department: 892-9450
- Property Room: 892-9414
With the number of people and different activities at the Senior Center there are always questions; these seem to be
the ones that are most common. We have monthly calendars with the activities listed and we post information
about special events on bulletin boards around the center. There is also a large community board that individuals
and businesses can use to post items too.
Is there a membership fee for the Senior Center?
What is the age requirement?
- Answer: 50 years old and older.
Is there a residence requirement?
- Answer: At this time, there is no restriction.
Are the activities free?
- Answer: The Senior Center does not charge for any activities.
When is the exercise equipment available?
- Answer: The exercise equipment is available at any time when the Senior Center is open except during Yoga class times and Chair Aerobics.
What are your hours? And, are you closed when the schools are closed for inclement weather?
- Answer: The Senior Center is open Monday – Friday from 8:00A.M. to 4:00P.M. We do not follow the schools inclement weather policy, typically we are open. The Senior Center does observe the municipal holidays; every effort is made to post those holidays in advance. If in doubt, please call the center at (662)890-7182.
Does the Senior Center serve meals?
- Answer: No.
Is there transportation available?
- Answer: The Senior Center does not provide transportation.
Frequently Used Numbers
OB City Hall
Desoto County Transportation
Court House in Hernando
Norma Shaw – Senior Coordinator
Janet Willis – Part Time Administrative Assistant
Shelly Columbia- Receptionist
For more information Olive Branch Senior Center call the center at 662-890-7182 or email mailto:email@example.com
Hours of Operation: 8:00am – 4:00pm Monday thru Friday
Golden Branches meet at 11:00 every Thursday. For more information on the Golden Branches email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: 8800 College St. Olive Branch, MS 38654
Welcome to Olive Branch!
As Mayor of Olive Branch, I want to welcome you to our website. I hope that you take a few moments to become acquainted with our city. Over the past few years, we have received numerous Keep Mississippi Beautiful awards and several Urban Forestry awards. Bloomberg Business Weekly has also named Olive Branch the fastest growing city in the nation over the past two decades. Our citizens enjoy a quaint style of life, while still having access to urban conveniences.
Olive Branch has so much to offer, from the beautiful parks to the modern shopping areas. We are also very proud of our Old Towne area with buildings that date back one hundred years ago. We have outstanding residential neighborhoods, as well as, a quality school system, which is rated among the highest in the state.
We are proud of the growth of our city with over 36,000 people now calling Olive Branch home. We invite you to come spend some time with us, and we have a good feeling you just might want to stay.
Scott Phillips, Mayor
Olive Branch Map
Voting Ward Map
Olive Branch Annexation History
How much does it cost for a business license?
- Answer: Call the Business License clerk at 662-892-9238 for the correct fee amount.
When do you renew your business license?
- Answer: Business Licenses expire every September 30 and must be renewed by September 30 to avoid penalty.
Who do you call for a Mississippi Sales Tax number?
- Answer: The Mississippi Department of Revenue at 662-449-5150 or their website at www.dor.ms.gov.
What should you do prior to obtaining a business license for a home-based business?
- Answer: Make sure residence is zoned correctly for home business. (662-892-9334)
- Complete and sign a Home Occupation Affidavit after zoning is approved.
- Apply for a Mississippi State Sales Tax number if applicable.
- Come to City Hall to apply for business license and submit payment.
What should you do prior to obtaining a business license for a business located in a commercial building?
- Answer: Make sure commercial building is zoned correctly (662-892-9334).
Apply for State Sales Tax number, Federal Tax number, and Beer/Liquor Permits if applicable (662-449-5150).
Get Health Dept. inspection if food-related (www.healthyms.com).
Get building inspection (662-892-9333).
Get fire inspection (662-890-7376).
Come to City Hall and apply for business license (last step prior to opening doors for business).