(see Emergency Communications Department for further information)
- Non-Emergency : 895-4111
- Administration: 892-9400
- Criminal Investigation Department: 892-9450
- Property Room: 892-9414
With the number of people and different activities at the Senior Center there are always questions; these seem to be
the ones that are most common. We have monthly calendars with the activities listed and we post information
about special events on bulletin boards around the center. There is also a large community board that individuals
and businesses can use to post items too.
Is there a membership fee for the Senior Center?
- Answer: No
What is the age requirement?
- Answer: 50 years old and older.
Is there a residence requirement?
- Answer: At this time, there is no restriction.
Are the activities free?
- Answer: The Senior Center does not charge for any activities.
When is the exercise equipment available?
- Answer: The exercise equipment is available at any time when the Senior Center is open except during Yoga class times and Chair Aerobics.
What are your hours? And, are you closed when the schools are closed for inclement weather?
- Answer: The Senior Center is open Monday – Friday from 8:00A.M. to 4:00P.M. We do not follow the schools inclement weather policy, typically we are open. The Senior Center does observe the municipal holidays; every effort is made to post those holidays in advance. If in doubt, please call the center at (662)890-7182.
Does the Senior Center serve meals?
- Answer: No.
Is there transportation available?
- Answer: The Senior Center does not provide transportation.
Frequently Used Numbers
OB City Hall
Desoto County Transportation
Court House in Hernando
Norma Shaw – Senior Coordinator
Janet Willis – Part Time Administrative Assistant
Shelly Columbia- Receptionist
For more information Olive Branch Senior Center call the center at 662-890-7182 or email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation: 8:00am – 4:00pm Monday thru Friday
Golden Branches meet at 11:00 every Thursday. For more information on the Golden Branches email email@example.com.
Address: 8800 College St. Olive Branch, MS 38654
Welcome to Olive Branch!
It’s an honor to serve the citizens of the great City of Olive Branch as Mayor. There have been twenty-three others before me who have served in this capacity since being incorporated in 1873. The City of Olive Branch is where it is today, in large part, because of the outstanding leadership each of these individuals provided. I pray that we continue to make Olive Branch one of the best places to live, work, and play, anywhere in the Nation.
Olive Branch has been recognized numerous times over the years as one of the best places to live in America, raise a family, and start a career, just to name a few. We have also been labeled as the fastest growing city in the nation over a twenty year period. Some would say that our proximity to Memphis is the driving force behind the accolades, but for those of us who call Olive Branch home, we know it’s because of the outstanding citizens who chose to live, and invest their time and talents into this great community.
Our Old Towne area is home to the “Wesson House” which belonged to the first Mayor of Olive Branch, Mr. Benjamin Wesson. Several years ago this home was donated to the City, and is one of only three dedicated Mississippi landmarks in DeSoto County. A stage sits on the grounds of the Wesson House where concerts and small community events are held throughout the year. “Movies Under the Stars” occur on the Wesson House lawn during the month of October. Right across the street, at the City Hall parking lot, the Old Towne Farmers Market offers fresh vegetables, produce, and other local products each Saturday morning from the month of June through September. A revitalized Old Towne area is beginning to develop to serve our citizens and visitors.
Good schools are vital to a thriving community, and are something we take great pride in. The schools in DeSoto County consistently receive top ratings, and our City is fortunate to be home to nine of these incredible schools. Top educators and personnel are the driving force behind these students success, and we greatly value their tireless efforts and sacrifice. Our schools not only lead in academics, but also in athletics, with several State titles in various sports. If you are looking for the best place to raise your child, look no further than the City of Olive Branch.
Thank you for your interest in our city. We hope you will drop in and see us at City Hall. We are located at 9200 Pigeon Roost Road. In the meantime we encourage you to like and follow us on our social media pages. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cityofob and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cityofob.
Mayor Ken Adams
Kenneth R. “Ken” Adams, Mayor
Olive Branch Map
Voting Ward Map
Olive Branch Annexation History
How much does it cost for a business license?
- Answer: Call the Business License clerk at 662-892-9238 for the correct fee amount.
When do you renew your business license?
- Answer: Business Licenses expire every September 30 and must be renewed by September 30 to avoid penalty.
Who do you call for a Mississippi Sales Tax number?
- Answer: The Mississippi Department of Revenue at 662-449-5150 or their website at www.dor.ms.gov.
What should you do prior to obtaining a business license for a home-based business?
- Answer: Make sure residence is zoned correctly for home business. (662-892-9334)
- Complete and sign a Home Occupation Affidavit after zoning is approved.
- Apply for a Mississippi State Sales Tax number if applicable.
- Come to City Hall to apply for business license and submit payment.
What should you do prior to obtaining a business license for a business located in a commercial building?
- Answer: Make sure commercial building is zoned correctly (662-892-9334).
Apply for State Sales Tax number, Federal Tax number, and Beer/Liquor Permits if applicable (662-449-5150).
Get Health Dept. inspection if food-related (www.healthyms.com).
Get building inspection (662-892-9333).
Get fire inspection (662-890-7376).
Come to City Hall and apply for business license (last step prior to opening doors for business).