Posted in Police Department
Olive Branch Police Department
Fax, Police Department 662-892-9404
The mission of the Olive Branch Police Department is to maintain social order and provide professional law enforcement services to citizens in the community, within prescribed ethical, budgetary, and constitutional constraints. This Department strives to enforce the law and maintain order in a fair and impartial manner, recognizing the need for justice, and consistent appearance of justice. Members of the Olive Branch Police Department recognize that no law enforcement agency can operate at its maximum potential without supportive input from the citizens it serves. This Department actively solicits and encourages the cooperation of all citizens to reduce and limit the opportunities for crime and to assist in bringing to justice those that break the law.
- Protect Life and Property: To provide services that contribute to the preservation of life, the protection of property, and the safety of the community.
- Maintain Public Order: To maintain peace and public order. To assist during times of natural or technological occurrences or disasters. To provide for the safe and effective flow of both vehicular and pedestrian traffic and the investigation of traffic related accidents.
- Prevent, Detect and Investigate Criminal Activity: To prevent crime through aggressive patrol that limits the opportunity for a crime to occur, and through education of citizens that reduces the likelihood of them becoming victims of crime. To provide a thorough, appropriate, and efficient investigation of criminal activity.
- Apprehension of Offenders: To provide for the expeditious and prudent apprehension of suspected violators of the law, regardless of an individual’s status in the community.
- Community Service: To provide the resources necessary for assisting citizens under special non-criminal circumstances.
- Compliance with Ethical Standards and Professionalism: To ensure integrity and adherence to the professional standards of the Agency by investigating all complaints against Agency personnel. To provide for the training needs of officers and promote a high rate of proficiency in the officers of the Agency. To address the career development goals of agency personnel.